Complete data sanitization and data destruction occurs in our
IT Asset Disposition process.
PlanITROI’s data sanitation and data destruction processes are fully compliant with DoD 5220.22-M standards – as well as the IT Asset Disposition data destruction standards required by Sarbanes-Oxley, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
Beyond meeting regulatory requirements, PlanITROI’s processes for data security meet our clients’ standards for maximum protection of their intellectual property. After 20 years in the ITAD industry, processing six million assets with associated media, PlanITROI has never had an incident in which a client’s data has been improperly exposed or accessed. PlanITROI warrants its data security services and indemnifies clients against any liability associated with the data sanitization and destruction processes.
- PlanITROI warrants its data security services and indemnifies clients against any liability.
- Data erasure methods utilized are specific to the IT assets and devices to which they are applied.
- Data sanitization services go beyond the hard drives, memory, and BIOS of PCs and servers.
- All devices that have memory and data storage features, including flash drives, removable media, mobile phones, printing devices, and any other media that stores data are addressed.
- Data is erased according to OEM specifications.
- PlanITROI removes and destroys asset ID tags, client identification, paper work, labels, stickers, and other personal tags.
PlanITROI provides clients with certificates of data erasure and encourages clients and their security firms to conduct audits to verify complete data erasure.
Your Place or Ours
The company provides its data security services at its own facility or at the client’s facility, as the client prefers. PlanITROI can shred media or any device with data on it, or employ NSA-level erasure using an NSA-approved degausser and shredder, rendering media useless. Assets that cannot be verified as “data safe” using software tools are shredded, and the client receives a Certificate of Device Destruction.